Sunday, March 27, 2005

Bunch of quick takes.....

-Dear whoever is in charge of spamming me: no, I am not interested in Christian Home Lenders. What part of you thinks I would be interested in A, a house, or B doing it with somebody just because they love Jesus. As for Christian Singles sites, again, not Christian. On the other hand, it might be worthwhile if only because I can use the "I'm hoping somebody can convert me" angle. Not to mention putting a whole new twist on the Portnoy thing. Either way, I'm pretty sure that Jesus would not send spam mail.

-I'm kind of bummed one of the Bush brothers didn't send in the National Guard to rescue the Vegetable. They and the whole Republican party have been flirting with breaking every Constitutional Safeguard since 2000 so what's to stop them now? Only this time people might catch on. And yes, I've been rather mean about this whole Schiavlo case, but when the media and Congress spend all of their time telling us "You Have to Care About this Issue" I'm gonna bring on the snark. Too many damn people on this planet anyways.

-Went to some comedy showcase last Thursday night and in the front row, right close to the stage, two women sat there the entire time and knitted. When one of the comedians kind of gave them crap for doing it, one of them replied "you can't mess with my sewing circle."

-Yes, I am finding myself getting extremely excited over the new movie, "Sin City." It looks freakin' awesome.

-Finally played "Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas" several weeks ago. Why would anyone think that a game in which you earn points by shooting cops, carjacking cars, and beating up hookers is socially irredeemable?

-Is there any significance to the fact that the big Easter meal usually consists of ham?

And finally....

We watched "The Bad News Bears" over the weekend and one of my friends said part of his love for the movie is because it would never get made now. Way to politically incorrect with it's cursing, alcoholism, smoking, and occasional racist crack. Turns out they're actually remaking it. I should have gone into film production because how hard can it be to dream up doing a remake of a movie slightly under thirty years old? How long until the remake of "the Pacifier?"

Anyways, I wonder if they'll be able to get away with lines like this classic: "Well, what do you expect? All we got on this team is a bunch of Jews, spics, niggers, pansies and a booger eatin' moron."

Anyways, a few of my new best things ever-
-Buffalo prawns at the Miramir Inn near Half Moon Bay.
-Hunks of parmesian cheese being handed out by waiters at Michaelangelo's in North Beach
-Jessica Alba's photo spread in GQ
-The recent blogosphere debate and discussion about Lebanese protest babes and what it means for democracy in the Middle East
-Unused Audio Commentary by Howard Zinn and Noam Chomsky, Recorded for the Return of the King (Platinum Series Extended Edition) DVD, on McSweeney's.

And something that's not so best-
Finding out that I was getting about four months of medicine from an insurance company I was no longer a member of and getting a bill in the mail for $150.

No comments: