Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Because at this point of my life I'm supposed to be living in the burbs with 2.5 kids, I tend to roll with the younger set. Which means I'm going to parties or attending events in which people at my age are not attending. Lately, I've been falling into the habit of looking around to see if I'm the oldest person involved at the certain event. Like parties or playing sports or seeing bands or basically anything that doesn't play dates and birthday parties for 2 year olds. Whenever I see someone either my age or a bit younger, I always breathe a sigh of relief knowing I'm not the only old guy there. Everytime I'm in that situation where I think I'm the oldest one there, I always wonder if everyone else there sees me as the creepy old guy hanging out with the young kids because either they can't grow up or they have no life. Of course, they could also me as the hip old guy still holding true and still out there trying to have fun, but I don't see that being the case.

No comments: