Sunday, July 17, 2005

When do you know you’re in a weird place? When you have a weird craving to listen to the soundtrack from "Hair."

So I’m turning into a person I never thought I’d turn into- a sandal wearer. Or more like a flip flop wearer. Except for a brief time in college when I was walking around barefoot (why? because I had just moved to California and realized I could) I’ve been pretty much anti-sandal. Not that I have problems with people who wear flip flops on a regular basis, I just didn’t think I was that type of person. Too crunchy granola and I don’t want to be crunchy or granola.

But lately, I’ve been wearing the flip flops around. To yoga, around the hood, to the movies, and even to Zietgiest, a non crunchy granola place if ever there was (it was a Sunday! It doesn’t count!).

Why am I suddenly sporting the sandals? Dunno. Could be more relaxed attitude on my part. Or it could be I’ve hit a new level of laziness.

PS- when do you know this whole "kids love the 80’s" thing is getting out of control? When a party several weeks ago had people rocking out to "Hall & Oates Greatest Hits." Or when the hipsters next door show their ironic hipness by busting out "Bryan Adams Greatest Hits."

No comments: