Sunday, July 31, 2005

Part of the reason why I hardly go out and make big decisions or make big purchases is because it's never as easy as just buying one thing or deciding one thing. One thing always leads to another thing which leads to another and so on and so forth. Case in point, my beautiful, lovely bed which came on Friday.

Of course, the bed came out a bit bigger than I had expected and a tad bigger than it's alloted slot (having a tiny studio, space is a premium). Which meant moving things around. Which meant my rickety old bookcase is no longer with us because it fell apart while being moved around. With a new bed, less room, and a broken down book case, I spent a large part of Friday night taking apart my old bookcase and then running out to buy a new one. I now have a new book case. The book case, however, is a tad smaller than my old one and can hold less books so now I'm either going to have to buy another book case or, more likely sell (give away) a lot of my books. And because it's smaller than the other one, I moved it into another spot which opens up a spot by my bed. So now I have room to buy something else. And because I had my stereo on top of my old bookshelf but couldn't because the new bookshelf is too small, I had to move the stereo. It is now right by my tv meaning I have the fullly loaded home entertainment system. Albeit non-operational as I still haven't figured out where I'm going to plug everything in.

But most importantly, with a new bed, one that's an actual real piece of furniture, I suddenly realized more than ever that my rinky-dink, sparsely decorated place I call a home is all off feng shui-wise. Having a nice piece of furniture in a room full of crap doesn't work. This meant that all of yesterday, I went home-furnishing shopping and spent a large part of yesterday (the non-drunken part I should say), buying pictures, moving pictures, and hammering pictures into walls. Left to go out and be dealt with are my old books that I'm getting rid of, the pieces of wood that made up my old bookshelf, and a sudden and strange desire to buy plants. Because I know actually have a decent looking apartment that should be made more decent.

And all because I got my luscious, super-comfy, super-huge bed. A bed, by the way, that is making it so that I'm finding even harder to get out of. I friggin slept about eleven hours Friday night and have been taking way more naps than usual.

No comments: