Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Sometimes you find yourself in the strangest of places, places so far away from the norm that you can only only wonder what the hell you're doing there. Like tonight. After the volleyball game I found myself going with my team to the Bluelight. Now while Bluelight might not be part of the triangle, it's definately in the burbs of the Triangle. And it was a scene- jam packed and full and total meat market. All the women there looked like they had just stepped out of a magazine shoot and all the guys looked like every evil guy in those 80's teen sex flicks. It was like Cobra Kai went out for drinks after sweeping the leg.

When was the last time I was in that bar? I'm pretty sure the Bush in the White House was the father. In fact, I remember that there was a scene in the Real World: San Francisco filmed there (Judd went there wearing a wedding band to see if it helped him meet women) and I remember watching that scene and thinking "hey, that's the Blue Light."

And coming home on the 22, two guys behind me were talking about being in the scene back in the day. I heard comments like "oh yeah, that's how he got to work for Green Day" or "I shared a rehearsal space with (insert name of totally hip early 90's band from the area). When they got off I got a look at them. They were all chubby, balding, and greying.

Hate getting old.

No comments: