Sunday, August 07, 2005

Even though I was at a party Saturday night, for whatever reason, I didn't feel like drinking. So I didn't. Or, at least, had a few drinks but not enough to feel one way or the other. One thing that I realized about that night is part of the reason why it's important to actually drink is because drunk people aren't as much fun to hang out with when you're sober. Wanting to talk to random strangers? Don't care. The "I love you guys" schpiel? Not feeling it, or at least not on the "I love you guys" wave length. And the friend who has the drunken meltdown, breaks down uncontrollably and pretty much has to be carried out of the bar? No patience for it. Seriously.

I remember one of the worst nights I had in college was taking 'shrooms with some friends at the beach (one of the great pleasures of going to UCSB- we had a beach you could do drugs at) only to come back to the dorm to encounter one of those progessive parties going on. People on hallucigens and drunks should not mix. As I walked around, I saw way too much drunkeness, way too much people hooking up with people who they shouldn't be hooking up with, and way too much just general stupidity. Afterwards, I marched into my friend's dorm room and announced that I was going to move to Wyoming and hide from civilization because civilization just isn't worth hanging out in. Case in point being the party raging outside the dorm room. Or at least I remember I did that.

No comments: