Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Yay, I finally got "Once More With Feeling," the Buffy musical on Tivo. I've said it before and I'll say it again-- always Buffy.

Anyways, today's random Marina bar that I went to after volleyball was the City Tavern. One of the infamous Triangle Bars. Of course, as we were there, everyone on my team (who I do like and are much cooler than I'm making it out to be) was doing the standard defensive "oh, even though I live here, I never hang out in this neighborhood because I hate the Marina types." One guy was saying how he never goes to Marina bars and how he doesn't hang out with people who do and right in the middle of it, one of his buddies comes up to him to say hi.

By the way, it's my third week in a row going out for drinks in the Marina on a Tuesday and it's the third Tuesday in a row we stumbled into $2 drink specials. It's looking like the entire Marina is $2 on Tuesdays. Hell, the City Tavern has bar food for $2 too which is how I got a turkey burger, some fries, some buffalo wings, chicken tenders, and a drink for $10. In other words, maybe I need to hang out in the Marina some more. And maybe it's because I've been living in the Mission for too long but Marina women? H-O-T-T. Especially the one's dressed in full Paris Hilton regalia and those Muggs boots.

No comments: