Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Yeah, I haven’t posted in a few days. Sorry. Sometimes I do have a life.

There’s this guy who takes the bus into work with me. He’s about ten to fifteen years older, kind of fat and grey with a beard and a long, stringy ponytail that looks more like a rat tail than an actual pony tail. Despite the fact there’s no dress code at Super Mondo, he always dresses the same every day, in a button down shirt, dress pants, tie and suspenders. He also always wears a little black fisherman’s cap. When we take the bus in, he’ll push his seat all the way back and quickly falls asleep, snoring loudly the whole way. When we get into work, I often times see him in the cafeteria, getting usually the most disgustingly greasy eggs/sausage combo, which always makes me go yumm but never eat because I’m trying to watch what I’m eating. After searching for months who he reminded me of, it suddenly occurred to me: he reminded me of the one and only Ignatius O'Reilly.

Anyways, yesterday as I’m taking the bus back home, he sits across the aisle from me. Out of the corner of my eye, I see him shift in his seat and kind of lean over to the side. Once positioned, he then proceeds to let out a really loud fart and once done, sits himself back down into normal position and, without batting an eye, continues to read his book.

No comments: