Wednesday, August 10, 2005

In light of the Kansas Board of Eductation once again voting to deemphasize Evolution and emphasize "Intelligent Design" all I can say is that the answer to the eternal question fo "What's the Problem with Kansas" is this: they're fucking stupid. And yes, my policy lately has always been that if some Red State wants to do something stupid, we should just let them and make fools out of themselves, but dude. Seriously.

Wouldn't it be great if some Democrat actually got up there and asked about how to win states like Kansas and whether they should pander to the Wing-Nut bible thumpers said "it's not my problem if they're stupid."

Also I just finished this book that was the last book in a series of the Rise and Fall of the Roman Republic. I loved the books, so much so I'm thinking about rereading them again because there was so much going on. So after I finished the last book, I went to Amazon to see if others felt the love and noticed that the first person who had posted a review on the book, and somebody who loved it as much as I did, is the one, the only Newt Gingrich. Even scarier, he too saw the parallels between the rotting of the Roman Republic with modern day times, which makes me wonder what's going on because the things I'm seeing in the book that show the rot of the Republic couldn't possibly be the same things he's seeing. And considering he's one of the people who helped create the rot, well, either he didn't really read the book or he's totally changed or I completely misread the book.

No comments: