Friday, December 14, 2007

Ever since the campaign started in earnest, I've been sitting on the fence, trying to decide what to do and which horse to back. All I knew is that in no way, shape, or form did I want Hillary even near the candidacy. There are many main reasons for this, but the biggest one is that the only reason why she's even in position to do what she's doing is because she was the wife of a very popular and good President. So-- who to vote, then?

I like Edwards vim and vigor and his proposals seem sharper than the others. And when it comes down to it, I don't see a black man or a woman actually winning the Presidency and this makes Edwards the obvious choice.

Still, I can't but help gravitate towards Barack Obama Superstar. I think if I were to come up with a perfect candidate, in terms of integrity and intelligence, it would be him. But mainly it's because I think the idea of electing a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, deep thinking black might just be the best thing for the country. A way of redeeming us for the past eight years as he really represents the best of what America is. Still, I don't think that a multi-ethnic, multi-cultural, deep thinking black man will EVER be elected President, or at least now. I just like the idea that we might actually elect one.

And that's reason enough to support him, isn't it?

No comments: