Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Had an interview today with what would have been a perfect job. Have been because it was one of those interviews where they obviously don't have any time to talk to you and the one person who meets with you has no idea how to conduct an interview.

Goody.

Anyways, we were talking away and the person I was talking to said "I gotta cut this short because I have a conference call in a few minutes that I have to get ready for. I thought that was normal until I started to wonder if that is sort of the job searching equivelant of "I have to get up early next morning..."

One more thing, I was wearing a suit, although affecting a "business casual" look as befitting talking to an ad agency (I once went in wearing a full suit and was told by everyone in the interview that I didn't need to dress up). Anyways, the HR person who I first met with took me to the lunch room to get me some water and before we went in, she turned around, looked me up and down, and said "oh, I should have told you, no jeans."

What?

No comments: