Sunday, July 20, 2003

Due to a combination of sales meetings, trade shows, and being in the bosses doghouse, last week I found myself working til between 8 and 9 every night.

And you know something- I didn't like it. Didn't like it at all.

I have spent a lot of time in my life avoiding jobs in which I actually had to put in long hours at work. I do not like putting long hours at work. I like actually having a life, or, at least, being able to watch a good healthy portion of TV before going to bed. I do not like going home, having a quick bite to eat, and then being in bed before I could even get used to being home. That's not what I signed up for. If I wanted to do that, I'd be making lots of money right now.

But that's what I did. And it sucked. Between the previous previous week and the previous week, with a cross-country trip thrown in between for good measure, I am one exhausted hombre. My place is a mess, I haven't bought food in weeks, there's a foul odor coming from my fridge, and I missed the Ramones documentary at the theater around the corner from me. In short, last week sucked.

Dear God, please let this week be better.

No comments: