Wednesday, July 09, 2003

I don't know about you, but ever since reading Britney's confession that she is no longer a virgin, I've been really upset. There I was, with my rock-solid set of beliefs in the world and the universe, and just like that, it's gone. Vanished. Poof. It's like when you find out that there's no Santa Clause or, in us Jews' case, that Elijiah isn't really going to come and drink the cup of wine we left out for him. All day I've been full of unease and dread, the existential kind where it's like everything has changed for you and you don't know what's what anymore and it fills you with a sense of nothing but nausea. White is now black, up is now down, OJ is now innocent.

I question everything now. Is there a God? Is there a Meaning to Life? Is our country, the God Bless U.S.A, really that shallow and ignorant as people say when MSN.com can give you the actual clip of Britney discussing her sex-life? I mean, what's next- it turns out that the government of the United States lied about Saddam Hussein trying to buy uranium?

I'm just so lost and confused these days.

I need a hug.

No comments: