Wednesday, July 02, 2003

There's this new movie coming out called Swimming Pool. I don't know about where you live, but posters for the movie are up everywhere. They're kind of hard to miss too as they feature some nubile young French actress in a tiny bikini lounging by the pool.. Of course, being a guy I've seen the poster over and over again, yet still find myself always kind of catching a quick (or sometimes not so quick) glance at the poster.

It being a French art flick I don't really have that much interest in seeing it. Nine bucks is a lot of money to see a moody movie in which nothing really happens. I mean, if I'm gonna spend nine bucks on a movie, I'm gonna spend it on Charlie's Angels II. That is, however, until I start reading stories about the young, nubile 24 year-old French actress in which she talks about how hard it was a movie to act in because of all the nudity and sex scenes. So, I'm starting to think that this weekend might just be a good time to see myself some good French-style art flicks.

Sometimes it's good to be cultural.

And yes, it's true- most guys will sit through any movie if there's enough nudity in it.

No comments: