Monday, March 11, 2002

I'm back. Sorry. Had another bad bout of insomnia and if there's anything that'll kill the bloggin urge, it's no sleep. You know what the worst thing about insomnia is, well, besides the whole not sleeping thing and the praying to every god you know of to let you get a chance to sleep ("umm, Ganesh. I know we don't talk much and I know I'm Jewish, but if you let me get a few hours of sleep, I'll think about worshipping you. And I won't eat meat for a couple of months. I swear. Well, unless, of course it's a Double Double at In N' Out Burger, but could you blame me?)? It's when you decide to watch some tv to try and bore yourself enough to actually get some sleep and instead get hooked into a movie and you find yourself having a long, internal debate about whether it's better to get some sleep or to finish watching the movie. Last summer, during another really bad bout of insomnia, I turned on the tv only to discover "The Great Escape" was on. Great, great movie, but it's like four hours long. I tried and I tried and I tried, but finally gave up around 4:30 in the morning, just as everyone had made the great escape. Saturday night I turned on the tv around 2 and got hooked into that HBO movie "The Rat Pack," the movie about, well, the Rat Pack (duh). Watched about an hour of it, then decide to try to sleep. Wrong decision. Not only did I not get any sleep, but the movie was just getting good. JFK just became President, the mafia was getting pissed and somebody was about to nail Marilyn.

So yeah, I watched "9/11" last night. How could you not? It's the ultimate in Reality TV. It's Reality Disaster TV. It's like the "Towering Inferno," but real. All it was missing was the three way lesbian cat fight from last week's "The Real World" (cops show upto break up this week's fight!). In fact, I was thinking that since everybody complains about how much "Big Brother" sucks, they should just have a bunch of terrorists take over the house. Instead of somebody getting kicked out, the terrorists would just shoot them. Then, at the end, when there's like four people left, the terrorists can blow up the house and the people would try and escape. That would be pretty cool.

Oh, and it cracked me up when Robert DeNiro introduced himself at the start of the show. Who the hell doesn't know he's Robert De Niro?

No comments: