Wednesday, March 27, 2002

Spending all morning sittting around with baby-sis watching cartoons on the Cartoon Network. Well, I'm not exaclty watching them as I'm spending my time doing much more adult activities, like reading the NY Times, the Washington Post, and searching for a recap of last night's "Real World" episode since daddy stayed up past his bed time and I missed the entire Keri/Kyle brouhaha. But it's on in the background and I can't help notice what Baby-Sis is watching. For some strange reason, they're showing a lot of classic characters, like Tom & Jerry, but with a twist. Instead of showing the old, classic cartoons, they're showing all these new shows, one's in which all the main, classic characters have kids and the shows are about the kids. So, I've seen the Kids of Tom & Jerry. And the Flintstones as kids. Even Captain Cavemen and his son (Captain Caveman!). And, not suprisingly, they're all pretty bad.

I know, I know, new audiences, new generation, new age and all that crap, but still, everytime I see one of these shows, all I can think of is Poochy the Dog.

Besides, we all know Fred & Wilma met when they were much older and to say they all knew each other as kids is just so wrong. Is anything sacred?

No comments: