Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The drivers who drive the shuttle I take to and from work like to blast their stereos while driving. In the morning, it's KISS, the classic soul station and in the afternoon, it's usually some soft rock crap. While both drivers crank it, I don't mind. First off, the morning ride is usually made a little better because the music is pretty good (they played Archie Bell's "Tighten Up" this morning and if that song doesn't make you tap your feet, I don't know what will). I also don't mind because I'm happy the shuttle is there so if they want to crank the music to keep them on their toes and drive faster it's okay by me.

Friday afternoon as I was going home, some woman sitting behind me, a woman who doesn't normally take the shuttle leaned over to me and in a very loud voice said "Do you know if they have to play their music so loud? I forgot how loud it was." Okay, the music is a bit loud and it's soft rock crap (I think at that point it was a song by Chicago) but by the very point of her leaning over to engage me in a conversation about the loudness of the music, I am now brought in on her complaint about the music. So if the driver heard her, instead of it coming off as being dissed by just her, I am now dissing by association. I do not want to diss the driver. I might need the driver at some point to wait a bit longer to pick me up, for instance. But it's too late.

I have noticed, however, that ever since then, the music has been played at a much lower volume.

No comments: