Thursday, June 09, 2005

Here's something that doesn't happen every day- tonight's yoga class consisted of me, another schlubby guy, and a hardcore lesbian with tattooes everywhere. Oh, and the teacher was a tranny. At one point, he/she/it helped me get into a pose and as he/she/it moved me around, my arm accidently brushed he/she/it's surgically altered breast.

And on another completely different topic, everytime I come out of BART, I always get harassed by these kids asking me to sign a petition that would stop the military from recruiting in high schools. That's a total dumbass idea. And not just because it's one of those dumbass ideas that occasionally makes us a laughingstock throughout the country. It's dumbass because I'm pretty sure it's a free country. Which means that people can choose to do anything they want. That means that if some kid wants to join the army and go fight in Iraq, they have every right to. Right? Isn't that the whole point of freedom of choice? If say the local crack ho' organization (or, as one would say in this city, crack sex worker organization) came to recruit kids and people tried to block them, the verysame people protesting the military would start screaming oppression and facism and all that. Just because somebody chooses to do something you don't agree with, doesn't mean they don't have a right to do it.

Right?

No comments: