Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I had a strange craving for frozen pizza tonight. Yeah, I know, totally not healthy. And yeah, I know, totally not worth it considering I can afford to walk out my door and eat at a five star restaurant these days. But still, sometimes all you want out of life is some frozen pizza.

It’s become obvious over the past couple of days that I am now officially having a crappy month. Of course, this comes with the standard caveat in that I’ve had some pretty landmark crappy months before and this is in no ways, up there with those months. See comment about being able to afford going to a five-star restaurant. But still, I have all the signs of a crappy month going on- pissy mood, my back is all achey and my carpal tunnel is acting up, and my insomnia has gone from just getting up early to "I wonder what’s on at 4 in the morning." The good thing is that I’ve been so slammed at work lately that I haven’t been able to really dwell on the crappiness of the month but on the other hand, I’ve been slammed at work. Which is a whole other matter because I’m actually kind of digging it only because I’ve had a couple of slow months there and it’s kind of fun to be in a constant state of emergency. I am, however, not quite sure about the fact that I’m now involved in a project that involves people whose titles involve the words "Vice" and "President," not to mention "Director" or that I’m working on something that will very quickly be shown to the head of Super Mondo. Coming back from a rare lunch break only to discover a series of about ten e-mails of which you are the central point and to which various people who make way more money than me are saying that I have the answer to all their questions is kind of a weird feeling. So is the fact that I now have carte blanche to walk into a VP’s office and make him crack the whip somewhat.

Oh wait, where was I? Did you know that Snapple Lemonade and vodka make a pretty decent cocktail? Did you know that my new favorite random download is Ratt’s "Lay it Down?" Or that I’m pretty sure that the secret behind "Curb Your Enthusiasm" is whoever plays Larry’s wife and that she rocks? Or that I’m becoming a huge Spurs fan, or at least seriously rooting for them?

Okay, here’s some more random songs I have on my computer-

Dokken’s "Breaking the Chains"
Tears for Fears "Women in Chains"
Kermit the Frog "Rainbow Connection"
The Go-Go’s "Head over Heels"
Rush "Subidvisions" (otherwise known as the song that caused immeasurable high school angst in that I did a drum solo to the song at a school dance only to realize that Sarah Sl------ was watching the whole time).
Eric Cartman "Come Sail Away"
Prince "Raspberry Beret"
Montell Jordan "This is How We Do It" (and you can’t tell me this song doesn’t f-ing rock)
Mary J. Blige- "No More Drama"

And the Pentultimate:
Pat Benatar "Shadows of the Night."

Oh well, whatever. Good night Gracie

No comments: