Sunday, November 06, 2005

I saw "Jarhead" today and I have to say, it was pretty good. I especially like the decision the director made throughout the movie that to help convey the sense of on-the-edge of insanity, he occasionally throws in dissonant sounds, like the sound of a crying baby. Throughout the movie, in just completely random places, there'd be the sound of a baby crying or gurgling or just making baby noises. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I have to admit the big scene, where they finally get a chance to do something, the baby crying doesn't quite work, but that's just my opinion.

And you're probably wondering, what baby crying on the soundtrack? Well, it had to be on the soundtrack, because only complete idiots would bring their baby to see "Jarhead."

No comments: