Tuesday, November 01, 2005

In my head, I think I'm decisive, able to make the big decisions come big decision time. I consider myself as having good instincts, good intellect, good senses. And then, when it's time to make a decision, I can't do it. And I hate myself for it.

Here I am, at a crossroads, about to make one of the biggest decisions somebody can make at this time of year and I have no idea what to do. Not only do I not know what I want to do, but in my desperate attempt to come up with a workable solution, I made things worse. I carved myself new options, new choices. And I'm totally stuck.

I mean, so Daunte Culpepper went down. So I have no Quarterback right now. It's not like he's been that good to begin with. Yet, I've won six in a row. Six. I'm in second place and on a roll. Do I trade Fitzgerald for Bledsoe? Or trade Fitzgerald for Brunell and Jurvecious? Or Taylor for Manning? Or do I just hold tight, don't ruin a good thing. After all, I haven't gotten that much production from my QB position to begin with.

And in a weird way, this whole thing would be easier if I wasn't winning so much. If I was 4-4, the decision would be easy. Even if I was 5-3. But 6-2 with a six game winning streak? The Yankees or the Sox would totally be dealing, but the White Sox won and they very noteably didn't change a damn thing come trade time. Neither did the Astros. On the other hand, when the Sox traded Nomah last year, it was the catalyst for them to win it all.

Damnit, how does anyone make decisions?

PS- I was at a friend's house on Sunday. He and another friend also do fantasy football. All afternoon, each one of us would peak at the scores, or fight the urge to peak at our score.

Damn you, fantasy football, damn you.

No comments: