Wednesday, November 02, 2005

So it turns out I can make decisions. Good one's too, one's that make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I, in fact, woke up this morning knowing full well what I wanted to do.

Fred Taylor for Eli Manning.

Which I guess makes me a huge Giants fan now.

Anyways, tonight there was the Dia de los Muertos thing going on in the Mission. It was pretty cool. But all I can say is people here in the city really like dressing up in costumes and dancing to drums.

In fact, considering half of the people who were either walking around or marching, it looks like if you want to hold a parade, just bring a drum circle and certain people will follow, like rats following Patchoulie Pied Piper.

I was actually amazed at how much work into a whole bunch of the stuff there, including the costumes. Between Burning Man and Halloween, how do these people have all the time to put this stuff together. Or did they just grab their Burning Man costumes and wear that? And aren't they burnt out on all this stuff?

And finally, there is this observation- does everything in this city have to carry with it an anti-war, Bush is Hitler protests? Yeah, you can make kind of a connection between a Day of the Dead thing in the war, but do you have to? And is attaching an anti-war flyer to one of the altars appropiate?

No comments: