Wednesday, November 09, 2005

OH MY GAWD. Thanks to Cherry and Mrs. Cherry I snuck down to first level seats and was like 30 yards or so away from Bono! He sang right in front of me! In fact, I think he LOOKED RIGHT AT ME!!!!!

But that's not what I'm here to talk about today. What I'm here to talk about was all the Jews for Jesus people out in front of the Oakland Coliseum handing out flyers. Why? Because while most Jews for Jesus look like schlumpy middle-aged people, the kind of people who have cult member written all over them, the one's outside the arena, for the most part, we're cute Jewish women.

Which is sad.

What happened? How did they get all screwed up? Is it one of those whacky things that we Jews sometimes go through, like the whole BuJew thing? What do their parents think? And what would the reaction be if a Jew, like, say me, were to bring a nice Jews for Jesus-ish girl home to meet the parents? Would it be good? Bad? After all, they are Jewish. It's just that they believe in the one fundamental difference between us and Christians. On the other hand, I don't think the "For Jesus" part would make much of a difference to little Lynx and Lamb of Prussian Blue or any of their fans.

I can't believe "Seinfeld" or "Curb" ever dealt with this subject before and left it up to me.

No comments: