Wednesday, February 18, 2009

And here's an addendum to yesterday's post: when I was younger, my two cousins were occasionally known to be screwups (they are, however, not even close to being screwups these days in no, way, shape or form). When one of them got bad grades or did something bad, my grandmother would occasionally fly them down to the family condo in the Bahamas to cheer them up or to make them feel better about something that happened. My brother and I, however, were not screwups and so never got the invite to go the Bahamas to make us feel better.

That whole thing is starting to remind me of this whole economic recovery plans. The banks FUCK UP and they get money, including bonuses and perks for everyone. Detroit fucks up and they get money. Now with this foreclosure plan, a whole bunch of people who bought McMansions they had no right to are geting bailed out. Me? I get an extra $25 in my unemployment checks every week.

In other words, maybe I should have bought a McMansion.

No comments: