Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Because of the fact the job which I try to employ myself is usually the first one to be sacrificed whenever the economy gets a little sick, I've been looking into a career path of becoming some sort of librarian type thing. The problem I've been running into is that there's no way to do some sort of librarian type thing without getting a 2 year Masters Degree in something called "Library Science."

Now, you might be wondering why one has to spend two years in getting a Masters in becoming a librarian. How hard can it be? After all, I can alphabitize, have years experience in filing, and have years of experience searching the internet. Just how long does it take to learn the Dewey Decimal system? All of which makes me think there's no real reason in the degree other than the fact that the educational system figured out it was a way of scamming people out of $20,000 by creating the need for a degree for which there is no actual need of one.

No comments: