Monday, February 23, 2009

This Post is So Blank that I'm Not Sure Why You're Reading It

Don't ask my why but I've become obsessed with the theme from the "Match Game." I can't get it out of my head. I'm so obsessed with it that I tried to find it on itunes so I could make it my ring tone. It's not on iTunes (darn) but to get my "Match Game" theme song obsession filled, I went on YouTube to see if I could find anything related to it's theme. Naturally, I found at least three clips of the theme song, two of them that just showed an image from the show while the song played and the other clip showed the actual intro of the show PLUS a clip of Bowser from Sha Na Na playing the theme song on a small, toy piano right after being introduced on the show. Naturally, finding something like this both fills with me glee and wonderment in that somebody out there somewhere decided it was worth their time to capture the clip from tv and then post it on YouTube. I'm not sure that's a good thing or not.

I had the same sort of feeling years ago when I found a clip of Gene Gene the Dancing Machine from "the Gong Show" on YouTube. Who are these people?

As part of my "Match Game" obsession lately (and no, I don't dvr reruns from the Game Show Network and Harlan and I NEVER watch them), I decided to see what I could about the show, partly to confirm the rumors I had heard that basically everyone was drunk during the filming. Naturally, Wikipedia had an entry. A very long entry. In true Wikipedia fashion, the entry was just about the same length as a posting on Napoleon as it went into who was on the show and when and the differences in questions and rules between this season and that season and when Charles Neilsen Reilly was on and when he wasn't and why. This then led to research into Richard Dawson and Gene Rayburn as well as a few others because, really, who is Richard Dawson? It's not like you ever hear of him anymore or, actually, ever. Did you know that he was so good at guessing the correct answer in the final Match Game prize round that they changed the just so people wouldn't pick him all the time? Or that he was given the Family Feud to host partly because of his popularity from the show and partly because the rest of the "Match Game" cast was jealous of all the attention he got?

I mean, WHO KNEW?

No comments: