Tuesday, February 17, 2009

I just read that story in the New Yorker about how Florida got wiped up due to the real estate bubble and how it happened and why. Which got me thinking....

When my contract ran out at Super Mondo Corporation last year, I had no debt. Didn't owe anything on my credit card, had no loans to pay off, nothing. I even bought a used car instead of a new car because I didn't want to accumulate start getting into debt. I did buy a lot of good ole consumer goods, but always within my means and managed to sock away some decent money. In other words, I did things the right way.

But now, thanks to a whole bunch of people who didn't think it weird to be able to buy a McMansion with no money down, a whole bunch of scammers out there who fed off of them, and a financial system based on a ponzi scheme, I'm screwed too.

So, anyways, thanks for all that.

No comments: