Monday, February 09, 2009

A few weeks ago, we went over to a friend's house and ordered Nepalese food for delivery. The food was pretty good, albeit almost exactly like Indian food, but I bring this up WE GOT NEPALESE FOOD DELIVERED TO OUR HOUSE. Now, how many other cities can one say that you can get Nepalese food delivered?

It's one of those things that reminds me about why I love San Francisco.

Anyways, I watched the Grammys last night for whatever reason (well, mainly because I heard Radiohead was going to perform). The thing about the Grammys is that I can never understand why anybody gives a fuck about them because they're usually so completely out of touch with whatever is going on out there that the awards are virtually worthless. I know there's plenty of movies and tv shows that the Oscars and the Emmy's blow (like, a lot) but usually it's never as bad as on the Grammy's.

I could go on and rant about them, but since I watched most of the damn thing, I'm just going to make some random observations about them.


-The main reason why I hate watching the Grammys-- because in Grammy World, it makes perfect sense for Stevie Wonder to play with the Jonas Brothers.


-Award Shows and HiDef TV do not mix, do not mix at all. Any bad dye job (and I'm looking at you Paul McCartney) or Botox treatment becomes so obvious it becomes you're a legend, you've been knighted by the Queen. If your hair is grey, so what? If anybody's got a problem with it, what the hell should you care? You wrote "Hey Jude." What did they do?

-I'm not sure what to make of the new U2 song. The riff is great, it's got a great hook, and the song kinda rocks which is interesting because U2 is not known for rocking. On the other hand, it's way too busy and over the place, a sign that either the band didn't really have confidence in the song and themselves or they've grown completley self-indulgent and lost the ability to edit themselves. The lyrics are just God awful, however, and it brings up the fact that while Bono is completely possible of writing great lyrics, he is completely able to write lyrics that are either shite or completely meaningless, often at the same time. The lyrics to "Put on Your Boots" sound like he's not even trying anymore. And speaking of the Bonster, it pretty much has gotten to the point where he's become so ubiquitious and full of himself that he's not enjoyable to watch at all-- there's a fine line between Rock Star and buffoon. If I were his manager, I'd tell him to basically disappear for a few years in between albums so we aren't sick of him by the time he's around so much we get sick of him anyways. If that makes any sense.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can get (very good quality) Nepalese food delivered in DC. San Francisco is still superior in every other manner.

- Beth