Monday, September 27, 2004

I got a spam-mail the other day from a "Christian Debt Service." To, I guess, get out of debt the Christian Way, whatever that may be. I'm actually a little unclear on the subject as while I'm in no way an expert on the New Testament, I'm pretty sure there's nothing in there about consolidating your loans. Nor do I think Jesus ever said anything like "blessed are those that are maxed out on their Visa Card" while preaching on the Mount. I'm also pretty sure that for a long time, the main Christian position on credit was forbidding themselves to lend money because it's not the "Christian way." It is, however, the Jewish way. Or is when it's pretty much the only job they'd allow the Jews. Getting out debt back then usually consisted of sending said money-lender to the Inquisition.

Hopefully that's not what the people behind the "Christian Debt Service" have in mind.

No comments: