Saturday, September 18, 2004

I'm walking out my door to work the other day and noticed that the Homeless Guy whose been camping out next to my door has pretty much decided to settle in. He's brought his shopping cart and bags containing whatever possessions he has and put them next to the door (and boy, what a wonderful smell). The stuff is even kind of laid out neatly, like he's trying to achieve some sort of Feng Shui with his encampment. It's like he's playing Monopoly and has decided to put a house down on Charleston Street. Maybe in a week or two I'll walk by and he'll have a barca lounger, electronic TV, and mini-fridge all set up there.

All of this on a major street in a major part of town. Not to mention all of this about half a block away from a Police Station. Yet nobody seems to want to do something about it. Hell, the way this city works is that it's not the homeless guy whose the problem, it's me for having a problem with the homeless guy.

No comments: