Saturday, September 18, 2004

I got a spam-mail tonight from Palm Reading and checking out online psychics. And I'm thinking to myself, how the hell are they going to be able to read my palm?


Oh My God, I saw it! I saw #701!

Oy.

Yep, once again, I was a day late, dollar short on a major Barry Bonds home-run, continuing my streak of seeing #501 and #601, as well as #69. I actually thought I had a chance today as my luck's been good of late and the friend who I went with always has good luck. He saw #71.

Oh well.

Not to digress too much into baseball and I do owe this thought to Chuck Klosterman in his duel with the Sports Guy, but it is true that Barry has gotten a bad rap. Dude may occasionally be surly and a jerk but he is, in his own way, keeping it real. As opposed to Sammy Sosa, who everyone loves because he tries so hard to be so gosh-darn likeable, but is really a total whiny prima-donna. Then there's Golden BoyA-Rod who took so much money from the Rangers that they couldn't compete and then whined himself into getting traded because the team couldn't compete. And, finally, I give you Kobe. If you're going to go around bemoaning the fact that athletes are all fake and dumb and say only things like "I'm just going to have to step it up" or "we're just going to have to take it game by game", you can't really go around bashing the one's who aren't. And isn't it all about keeping it real anyways?

No comments: