Friday, November 02, 2001

Alright, one more things before I go….

There's someone running for election in San Francisco with the name Luigi Barassi. I think he's running for some really unimportant city position, the kind of position nobody cares about but actually has a lot to do with things that actually affect us. Anyways, everytime I see a flyer for him, I'm totally fascinated by his name. On the one hand, I admire him for running with, well, such an ethnic sounding name. Some ethnic names, after all, work much better than others (that famous deep thinker Dan Quayle once remarked that he never thought Mario Cuomo was a serious threat to win an election because "nobody would vote for anybody named Mario). On the other hand, everytime I hear his name, all I can think of is that he's sleeping with the fishes.

No comments: