Saturday, November 03, 2001

Just got back from an all day meditation session. It's all part of this Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Program that I signed up on recommendation of my doctors. Today's class was about six hours of meditating, stretching, breathing, visualizing and "getting in touch with your body." I do feel better, more relaxed right now. More centered and at ease. But after six hours of all that visualizing your breath, reciting things like "I want to be mentally healthy" and trying to get in touch with your inner peacefulness, all I want to do right now is crank some Van Halen.

Yeah, we're runnin' a little bit hot tonight
I can barely see the road from the heat comin' off of it
You reach down, between my legs
Ease the seat back

She's blinding, I'm flying
Right behind the rear-view mirror now
Got the feeling, power steering
Pistons popping, ain't no stopping now

Aaaahhhhhhhh

No comments: