Friday, November 30, 2001

Went to a bar to go meet up with friends and, besides the fact that they weren't there, the doormen at the bar wouldn't let me in. Didn't meet the dress-code standards and all that.

You know what, I don't want to go to those bars. They discriminate against sneaker wearers. They're anti-sneakerites and I'm not down with discrimination. Just because some of us actually prefer to wear sneakers over dress shoes because we're more comfortable in them is no reason to discriminate against us.

Besides, who wants to go to those kinds of bars? They're all full of people who are not only dressed up, but people who actually like to dress up. And they either have the money too or pretend they have the money too. And who wants to hang out with these people anyways.

Nope, give me my grungy dive bar anyday. Give me the type of wear that allows you to wear sneakers. And not only that, will allow you to walk in in shorts, t-shirt, baseball cap and flip-flops. Give me a place where people were black because black is cool and not because black is today's brown. So I say, fuck 'em.

No comments: