Friday, June 25, 2004

I got this in response to a resume I sent in:

"Thank you for your reply to our posting. Your qualifications do match the position as well as some other candidates. Good luck in your job search."

Now, I'm pretty sure that's a thanks-but-no-thanks, but huh? I can't really tell what the hell's going on here because there's no "pivot" there, nothing that's supposed to clue me in to what exactly going in (as in "the Senator did indeed serve his country with honors but that still means he should respond to accusations that he tripped acid and had a threesome with Jane Fonda and Charles Manson").

Even better, the response came from some phony Yahoo account so I can't even tell what posting it was in response to. It's like my resume made it to some second grader who was put in charge of responding to resumes.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's a posting for some place I interviewed with several months, a place that I guess hasn't quite found anyone yet (ha!). I would be a little upset that they're screwing around with me, but as it's the interview in which I showed up sick as a dog and was a little bit more concerned with not throwing up during the interview than how I responded to questions in my interview, I'll give them a little slack here. Still, ha.

No comments: