Monday, June 28, 2004

I'm not exactly sure of what I think about VH-1's "I Love the 90's." It is way too early for a 90's retrospective. As someone said over the weekend, we're still wearing clothes we bought then. Hell, we're still listening to music from then, and not in an ironic fashion either (well, okay, maybe Chumbawamba, but Alice in Chains?). On the other hand, the ad for "I Love the 90's" spoofing on Beverly Hills 90210- brilliant (and by the way, when did Beverly Hills 90210 suddenly become a cultural touchstone? I write about it because I love goofing on it, but now everyone is. ESPN even has a poll in which you get to pick the biggest TV show of the past 25 years and Beverly Hills 90210 was on the list). And yes, I already have the date written into my calendar for when it'll air. Of course I'll watch it. And watch it again. Then again after that.

Because we love the "I Love's......"

No comments: