Sunday, January 02, 2005

Around last year at this time I posted what my horoscope said last year (2004) would be like. So I thought it would be fun to look at what was predicted and see how accurate it was. I always kind of thought it would interesting to read horoscopes the day after a horoscope to see how true it was, but I always forgot. Now, thanks to the magic of blogging, I can do that. Wee! See, that's what happens when I've been declared the Person of the Year by ABC News. Well, not necessarily me, but still.

But I digress.

Anyways, let's look at last year's crystal ball, shall we?

The big prediction for 2004 was that the year was going to be "green." Whatever the hell that meant. I'm not exactly sure whether or not that meant that I was going to become a hippie and move to Sonoma or smoke a lot of bud. Since neither happened, I'm going to say that maybe it's about money, since green is, of course, the color of money. Which, in a way, kind of happened in that now, I'm making the Benjamins. Score one for Minerva. It also said that "hard earned gains will be solidified" which one can interpret as the fact that I finally might have got myself on several career track type things, or, at least, I'm pretty settled in several things, not the least of which is a job. Score two for Minerva. And finally, I got that 2004 promised luck with "both family and real estate." Real Estate? Umm, no. "Family?" Well, my brother got married, which is definitely bully for him, and I got a trip to Chile out of it, which is bully for me, so we'll call that a draw.

Another horoscope by Minerva said that March 20 will be the day that "Mars, Mr. Aggressive, charges headlong into your sign. You better believe the earth will move for you. This very special spring equinox finds you kicking tail and taking names." I looked back on my blog to around March 20th to see if anything happened around then and I'm pretty sure there was no earth moving, let alone kicking tail and taking names. Lots of bad temp jobs and disastrous interviews, however. On my birthday, "I will "make a financial decision that will affect the next two years" and that kind of came true in some sort of way in that on my birthday, after spending a large part of it drinking with all sorts of friends and getting fourth row seats at a Giants game, decided to give looking for work here one final last push. End result- see mention above about the Benjamins. And finally, I got this, that on Nov. 26th I should "Enjoy -- hopefully! -- a pleasant preview …. when the full moon beams directly on you." Hmm… I spent Nov. 26th in Vina Del Mar Chile with that kick-ass hotel room with a deck overlooking the ocean and I did spend a bit of the night on the deck drinking a Corona, listening to tunes, and thinking how beautiful everything was. That's kind of eerie in a way. I mean, it's not like I spent that night in my apartment watching Skinemax. I doubt by preview she meant that afterwards, I'll be spending a large part of my life drinking Corona's overlooking a beach in South America but If it's a preview in a symbolic sense of the matter, I'm down. Still, however, waiting.

Then there was my favorite horoscope, my Party Horoscope which told me that I'll be hanging out at "the Grand Café" with of "ghosts of every lover you've ever had or wished you'd had." Pretty sure that didn't happen, although since I'm not exactly sure what it all meant, I can't tell for sure. Since I wasn't all thrilled with the idea of the prediction, I'm okay with it not happening.

So that's it. And, in all actuality, it's kind of close in certain things. I did make a decision on my birthday, I did soak up the full moon on Nov 26th and last year ended with it being "green."

As Keanu would say, "woah."


Now let's check out what's in store for yours truly and I'm crossing my fingers that the there's lots of references to "rock star" and "party like" in it.

First the main one, which says that " Pssst! You may not have heard yet (nope) but Jupiter has a message for Twins everywhere(cool). Fun and games head your 2005 agenda(!). The world is your pasture, Gem, go forth and graze (moo). Among the delectables: new loves or mega fun with ongoing ones(!!) and opportunities to star creatively" (hear that Jackson?) Oh, "plus improved interactions with kids" which, well, whatever. I also have a note that "the combined force of Mars, Mercury and Venus demand that you address a one-on-one issue this week" which is a scary way to start the week in that as of right now, I have no " one-on-one issues" to address. Other than being bored out of my skull, the SS. Hooray For Anything is sailing in some pretty easy-going waters these days. Should I be worried?

Onto the next horoscope

"Our personal year takes off in a fateful way with the new moon in your sign on June 6 (great. Does this mean it's going to be a pretty boring next six months?) The next great thing is the departure of Saturn from your money house on July 16. Ding dong, the witch is dead. You've dealt with that tough love nanny far too long. (Yeah! No more credit card debt! Which means hello new computer, new car, and two week trip to Spain come August). Expect dramatic action in the partnership department after Pluto goes direct in your one-on-one house Sept. 2. (guess this means I need to get a date for that night). The full moon in your sign Dec. 15 holds a moment of truth..(like what? Doesn't that sound kind of ominious? Doesn't it make that night sound like it's going to be a "very Special Episode" kind of night?).

Sadly, no "Party horoscope" which is kind of alright considering.

Well, that's what my 2005 is supposed to be like. I know- sounds kind of good. On the other hand, how many horoscopes do you read that say things like "you will be horribly crushed by some girl on a date, your boss will make you hate work, and some awful tragedy will be befall your pet."


No comments: