Tuesday, January 04, 2005

So there's a telethon now and celebrities everywhere are donating money and the news is now wall-to-wall tsunami and it's totally evil and wrong for me to say this, but I'm beginning to think that this whole tsunami relief thing is like the AIDS ribbon of 2004. It's just so chic. And everyone right now totally cares because everyone is supposed to care and everyone does care so if everybody is giving money then well, darn right I'll give money (I actually gave money a few days after the waves hit, before it was trendy). It's such the trend right now that I'm counting down the days before the inevitable benefit concert/benefit single gets released. You know Sting's on the phone with Elton John.

And while all this is good and every dollar counts, we all know that we're one mysteriously disappearing cute white girl away from going back to "…and Sri Lanka's where, exactly?"

No comments: