Tuesday, January 18, 2005

It's 10 o'clock at night and I have a dilemna- on one channel, I Love the 90's Part Deux- 1993. On another channel is a new episode of Charmed. And finally, while I'm not watching the Real World regularly, I did notice that the big promised vacation fight was going to air tonight between the slutty girl with daddy problems and the bitchy cool girl who tries to pretend she's too cool to appear on the show even though she tried out and agreed to be on it. So my problem? What to watch. Or, more like, how to flip through the channels so I can watch all the good stuff on each show.

Since many of you have seen my TV flipping prowess and wondered just how I do it, I'll let you in on how I do it.

Here's my thinking going into it- I know I Love the 90's is going to be repeated ad naseum over the days, weeks and months. I also know that there's no point in watching the Real World until the throw down comes down. But, I watched the first half of the new Charmed episode last Sunday while flipping back and forth between it and the Simpsons. Since the main thing I want to watch is the throw down, I base my center of operations on the Real World and since VH-1 is just a flick up on the remote, that will be option #2. When the Real World ends at 10:30, it'll be when all the parts I didn't see on Charmed starts up (I watched Arrested Development at 8:30 sunday night instead) and utilize the last button to flip back to VH-1 when a commercial comes on, the episode drags, or it's something I saw during Arrested Development's commercial breaks. And that was the plan.

Problem, though. While I want to watch the parts of the Real World that pertain to the fight, the slutty girl with daddy issues is ho'ing around which means I'm more invested in the Real World than I wanted to be. Okay, I can catch up on I Love tomorrow at 7 and 8 and the Charmed episode really wasn't that good. Unfortunately, the slutty girl doesn't actually get any and the fight doesn't actually go anywhere as both people act somewhat mature about it (or, as much as narcisstic attention whores can). But just as I give up on the Real World, they eavesdrop on two roomates going at it complete with all sorts of heavy breathing going on. I'm stuck on the Real World some more.

Real World ends so back to Charmed. It's a bit I've seen so I flip back to Vh-1 and watch that up until they start in with Tiny Toons. Don't care about Tiny Toons so I flip back to Charmed. Commercial. Uh oh, I'm stuck. What to do...what to do....oh, I know- Skinemax! Flip to Skinemax, watch a few minutes and back to Charmed. Charmed ends early so flip back to VH-1 and catch the bit about "True Romance."

And with that, it's 11 which means only one thing- "The Daily Show."

I know what you're saying, gosh Hooray for Anything, what an exciting Tuesday night. And you would be correct.

No comments: