Saturday, January 15, 2005

I know for sure that heat renders me pretty much useless. Gets above 85 and I'm done. I thought I was good in the winter, hell, I kept on telling people, I don't mind the cold. Just put on some more clothes and viola. But for whatever reason, as soon as it got cold here, I've been overcome with just an awful case of blah. I don't care about anything, not motivated about anything, don't feel like doing anything. I would say I've been lazier than normal (if that's possible) but I did start going to the gym which I guess would be the ultimate opposite of being lazy, but I still feel like it. I've been going into work late, leaving early. I have problems leaving my computer during the day to even walk around. I've lost track of what date it is. I totally forgot about a party I was supposed to go to. At night, I come home and watch TV/surf the Web. Other than joining the gym, I have accomplished some things. I am writing a lot, albeit not for this here blog. And I've gotten into "Lost" which I'm actually quite excited about. That's accomplishments enough, isn't it?

Today I think I figured out why I'm like this. Because it's fucking cold. Seriously. It's cold in my apartment but still kind of comfortable, especially as I have a heater and a brand new electric blanket (try getting out of bed in the morning with an electric blanket). I sit there and think about doing things, things involving going outside but then think to myself why the hell would I do something like that- it's cold out there? Why go from someplace that's somewhat cold to a place that's even colder? Even going to the movies involves some sort of time outside where it's cold. Why would I want to do that?

So I sit there at home. I read, I surf, I watch TV, I try to stay warm. And I wonder how I ever made it of my mother's womb.

No comments: