Monday, January 17, 2005

Thank God Fox brought back "The Family Guy." Love that show.

"Honey, you're a McDonald, not a whore!" Ha!

Speaking of McDonald's, I finally saw "Supersize Me" this weekend. And yes, good movie. I actually came away from it feeling kind of good in a weird way only because while I certainly can't say I have that healthy of diet, I realize it could be much, much worse. Other than the occasional Mickey D's breakfast (which obviously doesn't count because Egg McMuffin's are perfectly healthy for you), I don't eat at McDonald's. Ever. I think the amount of times I've eaten there over the past five, six years could be counted on one hand. As for Crap in the Box, Wendy's, KFC, Burger King, pretty much the same. Maybe once or twice each over the past ten years. And in all that time, I've gotten a burger there maybe once or twice. And I don't drink cokes, don't drink them at all (we're only talking about cokes, right? Not whiskey & cokes, right? That doesn't count as a coke, right?)

In fact, as I was watching it and they were interviewing people who eat there a couple of times a week, I had that Red State/Blue State feeling (Redstatenfraude?). You know, that feeling you get whenever you read or see something about dumb-ass hicks and their dumb-ass attitudes. Seriously, is fast food that good? Is a McDonalds' burger really worth eating two to three times a week? And while there may not be any other choice in say, Bum Fuck Mississippi (which, by the way, just celebrated Robert E. Lee Day as well as Martin Luther King Day. I've said this before and I'll say this again- we in the Blue States will stop thinking you people are a bunch of stupid racist crackers when you stop acting like a bunch of stupid, racist crackers) people in California should no better. We have In N' Out Burgers- there's no excuse for a Whopper. And I don't even know where to begin with the guy who drank two gallons of Coke a day.

No comments: