Thursday, January 06, 2005

So our Sainted Mayor is getting a divorce from the wifey. For those outside the little bubble that is San Francisco, it's like when Jen & Ben broke up. It's all so sad in that those crazy kids seemed made for each other. And I'm thinking to myself, geez, I have a bad date and I'm depressed for days. But I'm me- I do nothing of any importance. I'm not the mayor. Wouldn't it suck to be totally heartbroken and not only have to go on with it, but to also be the Mayor of the City? It's not like you can lie around the bed all day listening to "Losing My Religion" in your bathrobe if you're the mayor. And it's not like you cancel meetings because Kim was rumoured to have gone out on a date with someone else and you're too upset to have a meeting. Imagine being all broken hearted and depressed and having to be told to buck up little camper because you have meeting with Head of the Sanitation Department to go over sewage.

But I'm also thinking he's rich, he's good-looking, and he's the Mayor for crissakes. Plus, he always has this kind of hangdog look on his face, one that will probably be accentuated because it's sounding like Kimmy broke his heart because she wanted to be some stupid Court TV reporter, and he's going to look even more yummier now. In other words, imagine the tail he's gonna be getting. I'm pretty sure every socialite, debutante, Social X-Ray, and Spinster just put him on the he's mine list. In terms of lines, how can it get any better than "oh, I'm the Mayor."

In fact, if I were the producers of the "Bachelor," well, hello? Can you imagine the ratings on that sucker if he's the Bachelor?

No comments: