Saturday, April 29, 2006

I came home late on Thursday night only to discover TiVo wasn't working. As you could quite imagine, this was quite upsetting. Very upsetting, in fact, especially in light of the fact the usual tricks I do to fix it didn't work. And when I mean it wasn't working, I mean it wasn't even recording anything.

So I did what I usually do when something like this happens and figure if I just wait a bit, it'll fix itself. I got home on Friday after work and the first thing I did was check to see if Tivo was working. It wasn't.

Panic time.

I got on the phone instantly and called Tivo help support. After a minute or two (much sooner than I thought, in fact) I got somebody on the other end of the phone who after explaining my problem first asked me if the plug was still plugged in. It wasn't.

Problem solved.

Why do I bring this story up? Because I'm picking up my new car (well, new used car) in an hour or so.

PS- what's the beauty of today's world? I missed a bunch of my shows due to the Tivo problem. Then I realized that I could download "the Office" off of iTunes. Which I did. And PTI is now also downloadable on iTunes, as is the Colbert Report which everyone is talking about because Stephen bitch-slapped BIll Kriston around.

No comments: