Thursday, April 20, 2006

Two stories from work before I never talk about work again....

1)We're doing this ad where some of us at work are having our photos taken and turned into cartoon characters. Based off of the photo, they gave me grey hair. I do not recognize myself as a cartoon character. And for some reason, they don't think it's a big enough deal to have it changed to brown

2)If you remember, I led this revolution as it were to get people to jaywalk across the street after being let off the SamTrans bus. This made me proud. What makes me not proud is the fact that the other's, my prodigies, are doing it wrong. See, when I'd jaywalk, I'd do it in such a way that I didn't actually stop traffic. In other words, I might have broken the law as it were, but I didn't do any harm. Others on the bus are jaywalking, but doing it so that traffic is stopped. The crazy thing is that they'll cross the street when it plainly says "Don't Walk" and cars will actually stop to let them pass. You know, as opposed to actually doing what they're supposed to do and go, maybe even giving us a scare by almost running us over. Because if they did, it would totally be our fault. In other words, while I believe in doing no harm as a jaywalker, they are doing harm. They are giving jaywalking a bad name.

And finally, I am so loving the Mary J. Blige version of U2's "One" right now....

No comments: