Monday, April 24, 2006

I have realized that the fun in shopping for a car is the actual contemplation of the car. It's walking around or being in a bus seeing all these cars on the road or parked and thinking "that looks like a great car" or "that's exactly what I want." I love that part.

The not so fun part is when you actually get around to looking into buying the car. Because that's when you notice that this car looks good, but has way too much miles on it. Or is fine but has a lot of dents. Or actually isn't a very good car. And, in some cases, a great car but kind of a coral, pastel green and there's no way in hell I'd drive a coral, green car.

I also have done a lot of research into cars and thought I figured out the magic formula, or at least the best deal possible in used cars. That being a Honda Civic. So as I searched for cars, I felt pretty confident that it would be easy to do as only I figured out that they make great, budget used cars.

Unfortunately, my little secret knowledge is not so secret knowledge as it appears everyone has concluded the same thing. I've heard from various people that within posting a Honda, they get ten or twenty calls within an hour or so.

I guess I'm not as clever as sometimes I think I am.

No comments: