Friday, April 14, 2006

Right now I'm in Bal'more with dad. So far I've been in suburban Philly, New York, Philly, and D.C. That's four cities right there. If you add up states, I've been in about five (Pa, New Jersey, New Yawk, Maryland, and Delaware) plus the District of Columbia. As we got lost leaving DC last night, there's also a chance I've been in Virginia too. Yet in being all of those places, it doesn't really seem all that exciting. Maybe it's just because I've done it so many times or that on the East Coast, hopping from state to state isn't that big of a deal, but I think that just on this trip, I've seen more cities and been in more states than most Americans have. And I just don't mean dumb, poor white trash, either-- while Baltimore and Philly isn't that high on anybody's list of places to go (although Philly should be because there's a lot of history, it's kind of pretty, and mmmm....cheese steaks), DC and New York are pretty much Must Sees. And yet, none of this seems all that impressive.

The thing is, however, that if say I did all this travelling, yet in Europe, everyone would be "wow." So you know what I'm thinking? This trip would be a whole lot more impressive if you had to get something stamped everytime you crossed over into another state. Just think how cool it would be if when I go home, I could open up my passport and show everyone my Delaware stamp.

No comments: