Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dying Celebrities and Career Advancement


As I'm sure y'all know Natasha Richardson, mainly known for being blonde, hot, and Mrs. Liam Neeson, was in an accident over the weekend and is pretty much a vegetable today. This, of course, means that WE MUST CARE ABOUT HER. Already, the news of her accident is all over the internet and a bunch of celebrity rags are putting her on their cover. This, again, despite the fact I'm guessing nobody really knew who she was until all of this.

Just further proof that if you're a relatively unknown or untalented celebrity, death is your best career move.

I've always hated the fact that whenever some celebrity is either crippled or killed, their lives are suddenly magnified into something much bigger than their lives really were. Christopher Reeve, for instance, was famous mainly for playing "Superman" and not very much else as he wasn't all that talented. He gets paralyzed (doing equestrian events, I might add) and all of a sudden he is a true, American Hero. That dude the crocodile hunter from Australia gets killed and his death is made to be a tragedy on par of the Kennedy Brothers. And I'm not even going to bring up Anna Nicole Smith.

I guess what I'm saying is I could really give a fuck about Natasha Richardson and I don't see any reason why I should feel any differently.

No comments: