Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Boredom has Outshined the Sun

I've been trying to get through the days by making sure I'm productive in doing something, whether it be looking for a job or writing or what have you. Today I'm having a problem in that I feel like I should be productive but don't know what to do to be productive. There's no job postings out there, my resume is posted, and all those things on my list of things-to-do just don't sound very appealing today. So I'm feeling like I should do something but don't know what and don't feel like doing anything about it anyways.

That brings up something I've been noticing this go-round: the best parts of unemployment are in the morning when you get up and realize you don't have to be anywhere so you can go back to sleep and at night when you realize you don't have to be anywhere the next morning so you can stay up late. The rest of the day consists of figuring out what to do to fight off boredom.

No comments: