Monday, March 16, 2009

Fuck You Monster.com

Earlier I mentioned the difficulty I was having in applying for an actual job through Monster.com, something that doesn't come that frequently because rarely does one actually find a decent job through Monster.com. The problem was that I couldn't log into the site to send my resume despite the fact I was already logged in. I finally figured that one out, something which unfortunately was my doing in that after using the same password for six years I had to change it a month ago and forgot that I had a new password, and then went through the rigamorale of actually sending out the resume. I posted a revised resume, wrote out a carefully thought out cover letter, hit apply and was sent to another screen asking for more information, information which I pretty much already had filled out. Fine. I'll fill it out.

At the end of it, though, they ask me for my email address and my password again. This despite the fact I WAS ALREADY LOGGED IN. So I re-re-entered my information and was told that I can't proceed because....ahem...my account information was already in use and that I need to create a new user name and password to proceed. This despite the fact I WAS ALREADY LOGGED IN. To sum up: I can't send out a resume because I have to create a whole new account even though I'M ALREADY LOGGED IN.

This, of course, pissed me the fuck off, especially as I spent about half and hour or so trying to figure out what was going on. After much cursing and pillow throwing, I decided to call Monster.com customer support mainly because I really wanted to use the words "retarded," "bullshit," and "you fucking suck" to somebody who was not my cat. After talking to the person and using all those words I wanted to say, plus lots more, I was told that basically, they couldn't figure out what the problem was either so they'll have to contact their tech support people to find out why I can't apply for a job though a site for which it's main purpose is to HELP PEOPLE APPLY FOR A JOB.

No comments: