Saturday, January 04, 2003

And Saturday's Big Cable Movie that Kept Me In Bed- V, that great mini-series from the early 80's about alien invaders. The one's who look human but turn out to be people eating lizards that eat mice for snacks.

Man, that was some good shit.

Thing is, despite the occasional cheesy special effect or bad dialogue, it still holds up. It's still pretty darn good. It's the whole Nazi/Holocaust allegory that takes it way beyond Independence Day. And half the fun is watching people slowly figure out that "To Serve Man" is a cookbook, as it were.

Not to mention that way back when, I had a huge, just hitting puberty crush on the cute blonde scientist/Liberation leader. Especially when she gets captured and put into the skin-fitting white suit that the alien's use to brainwash here. Mmmm…..skin-fitting white suits.

Oh wait, where was I.

Thing was, it started at like 10:30 and they were showing the whole mini-series. From space-ships just showing up to the Vive La Resistance ending. I could watch the whole thing, but that would just be too lazy (I do have standards, you know). Plus, my back was killing me from all the TV watching in bed that I've been doing lately, so I just did what every smart, tech savvy person would do- recorded it.

And yes, it is kind of scary that when I did a search for the actress in Google, I just knew-knew- that I'd find a picture of her in the skin-fitting white suit.

No comments: